eMediClaim portal has been designed for YOU to choose and make an intelligent choice between various options available today in the market for Mediclaim (health insurance). Here we present the facts about various mediclaim policies and life insurance policies and hope you would benefit with the information contained herein. We are available to assist you in buying Mediclaim - Medical Insurance or Health Insurance Policy of any company that you wish to enroll with after reviewing the options on mediclaim or life insurance policies, process, claims and regulations as notified by IRDA from time to time.. If you are wondering What is Life Insurance - read the article in our FAQ section to explain the basics of What is Insurance.
Mediclaim ie. Health insurance has become a necessity today. You will never know when an illness may strike. And in such cases, hospitalization and medication expenses can be unaffordable. It is especially worse when the patient needs specialized care. In such instances, many families use the existing cash reserve and give up comforts in life and make do with bare minimum necessities. Mediclaim policies come to resuce at such hours of need.
Health insurance (Mediclaim) therefore, can be a source of support as it takes care of the financial burden your family may have to go through. It will help you tackle such situations with ease by providing you with timely and adequate medical care. Besides, if the accident causes lifelong disability to a person who is the breadwinner, the health insurance company will come to the rescue of mediclaim policy holder. Equally important is Life Insurance - which takes care of your loved one's in the event of untimely death of the life insurance policy holder.
- The Mediclaim policy (Health Insurance Policy) provides for reimbursement of hospitalisation/ domiciliary hospitalisation expenses for illness/diseases suffered or accidental injuries sustained during the policy period.
- The health insurance plans (mediclaim plans) are available to persons between age of 5 and 80 years. Children between the age of 3 months and 5 years can be covered provided one or both parents are covered concurrently.
- The policy is available only for allopathy, ayurvedic and unani systems of medicine. Other alternative systems of medicine are not eligible for claims.
- The medical insurance protection is available for illness/disease contracted anywhere in the world provided the treatment is availed in India.
- For those who require dialysis: When treatment such as Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy etc is taken in the Hospital/Nursing Home and the insured person-patient is discharged on the same day, the treatment will be considered to be taken under Hospitalisation Benefit Scheme.